Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Welcome to My New Blog!

  I am very excited to share some fun crafting ideas with you, especially in the area where I struggle the most, which is design.  Lucky for me, the card-making community loves to be copied!  Where the rest of the world considers plagiarism to be a bad thing, card makers consider being copied to be a compliment, and even have a word: "CASE" (copy and share everything,) to let you know that it really is encouraged. 

  Another place where I love to share is in all the ways I have stumbled upon to ruin my crafts.  Yep, if there's a mistake, I've made it, from the dumbest and simplest to the most frustrating and unbelievable.  If you find yourself looking at your would-have-been-perfect-but-I-just-blew-it project with despair,  hope to let you know that 1) you are not alone, and 2) there may be a way to salvage or even improve, if you are willing to be patient and flexible.  Indeed, many an artist will be amazed to find that the horrible blemish that you struggle with today, someone else will think is really cool, and will be joyfully duplicating it on their projects tomorrow.

  So happy reading, happy crafting, and enjoy!
 
Gosia Hoot

No comments:

Post a Comment