Friday, February 13, 2015

Inspiration and Perspiration

Design and Redesign

Here is a card that I received in a swap, which I liked very much:

I like the peaceful look of monochrome, the layout, the images, and even the choice of designer paper stack patterns suggesting waves on the beach. 

So, I decided to copy this one exactly.  Except, that I don't have this exact stamp set, and I didn't really want a "hang in there" card.  Also, I was in the mood for a little Hello Honey to go with my Chocolate Chip.



I decided to choose the cat image from the new Giggle Greetings set.  I stamped my kitty in Chocolate Chip and colored him in with the Hello Honey marker.  The dye-based inks will smear a little when you color over them, which allowed me to get the nice shading on the cat with only the one marker.  (I used Tangelo Twist for his little tongue.) 

 

I felt that the proportions of my image didn't work as well in the layout of the original card, so I played around a little, eliminating one of the designer paper strips, and adding a ribbon for a pop of color.  This is actually a polka-dotted ribbon in Dusty Durango (a lovely retired color a shade lighter than Cajun Craze; ) one of the few Stampin' Up! ribbons that are not double-sided.  This suited me just fine, though, because I wanted a plain ribbon.

So here is my finished product.  A bit of a deparature from the inspiration card, but I'm very happy with it.

Supplies List:
Paper:
Hello Honey Card Stock 133678
Chocolate Chip Card Stock 102128
In Color 2014-16 Paper Stack 133705
Whisper White Card Stock 100730
Marker:
In Color 2014-16 Markers 133654
Ribbon: 
Since mine was retired, try this one instead--it's gorgeous!
Tangelo Twist 3/8" Satin Stitched 133669
And Don't Forget:
Snail Tape 104332
Envelopes 107301
Dimensionals 104330 (to pop up the kitty!)

2 comments:

  1. I like your card in monochrome. Can I use your idea for a futur card?
    Malina

    cartecreation.overblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please go right ahead. I'd love to see your variation!

    ReplyDelete