Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Mojo Monday #386

More Lovely Lemons!

Mojo Monday sketch # 386:
This is "tall and skinny" week for the Mojo fans.  Here's my card.  I love the lemons--can't seem to stop at just one.

For instructions on how to get the triple lemon image, click here.

Here's how I slipped the paper strip under the lemons.  A normal person might have simply fussy cut them, but fussy cutting is not really my idea of a good time, so I did it like this:

Here is my stamped image, all colored and ready to go.  I decided on a 1-1/8" band, so I just grabbed a scrap of paper cut to the right width to use as a ruler, and marked where the band would touch the lemon image, top and bottom, both sides.  I went all the way across, but you really only need a little mark in the four places where the image and the band intersect.  (If you do the way I did, please remember to erase all your pencil lines before photographing the card and posting the pictures all over the web.)


 With an craft knife, carefully cut along the outline of the stamped image, between the pencil marks.  Do this on both sides.  Do NOT cut along the marks to the edge of the card. 

Now, just slip the band into the cut you have made, going in one side and out the other.


Trim the band to the length you like.  You can pull it back and forth to play with your layout until you get it just right.  When it's to your liking, Tape everything to the card base with snail tape.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful ''fresh'' card that you feel you can taste & smell. You obviously have the patience of a saint, I would haven't of thought of threading the card under the lemons like that ...... so I thank you and will add that to my repertoire, trouble is as I place a new idea at one end - the old ones fall off the other..... oh, I think that's age ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet...I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love, LOVE how this lemons just pop out, so bright and beautifully colored, like the real thing!! The way you cut out the side of this image to accommodate the banner is brilliant, I must CASE it, this never occurred to me, looks so beautiful. Your layout is wonderful, love the bright yellow DSP that matches perfectly the colors of this lemons, truly wonderful.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! Layout is courtesy www.MojoMonday.blogspot.com . The colors are one of my favorite things about Stampin' Up! With the new Irresistibly Yours papers, you can make the DSP in whatever color you like. Everything is available for purchase here: www.gosiahoot.stampinup.net .

    ReplyDelete