Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Happy Father's Day

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh4cQYw68YgQ1DmxDuHpycsbVWTJLtoamsV7Xep-kiQSveZx4DF3vs5VVHmmt1mSd1Q43B6715gomhg2QwJCP01Z1Ts9O7gz8q8EunH4lofeiMlVTAItVQstvM32horU7OdFnw4t_cEWuZ2/s1600/Mojo397.gif










 

My Monday Mojo project--and done on Monday, even!  (Ok, I didn't get it posted til after midnight, but still.) 

I am really happy with this card.  Not only did it turn out well, I forced myself to do it in one take, without futzing.  My only false start was in cutting out a piece of DSP for the vertical panel that I decided against using in the end. 

Have you checked out the "Guy Greetings" stamp set?  It is awesome!  Total ammo for any masculine card you'll ever need to make.  There is a stamp for almost any male relative, several cute sentiments, and lots of pictures.  I'm going to get years of use out of this one.  The image below will take you to the store, where you can see a larger image and an cute example of a gift-box using this set.
 online store
Supplies: 
stamp set:  Guy Greetings
ink:  Early Espresso
card stock:  Lost Lagoon, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
DSP: Neutrals Color Stack, Soft Suede
accessories:  Chevron Punch, 2 1/2", 1 1/4", 3/4" Circle Punches, Sponges, Dimensionals, Paper Snip scissors.

The blue circle behind the hat was originally punched to 1", but I wanted the frame narrower, so I fussy cut the circle to about 7/8".  A friend gave me the great tip of using a nail file or emory board to smooth out a fussy cut.  I worked really well--that circle looks like it was punched, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment