Sunday, August 23, 2015

Holiday Mini Preview--Acorny Thank You

I have not had enough time to play with my new toys from the Holiday Mini, but it is full of so many great stamp sets, dies, papers and accessories perfect for fall and winter.  Here is my first new card:
The Holiday Mini items will be available starting September 1st.

 Using the brand new Acorny Thank You set together with the Vintage Leaves new in this year's catalog, I made this fun card for Thanksgiving.

  The colors are Wild Wasabi, Hello Honey and Cajun Craze.  The Cajun Craze polka-dot ribbon is long since retired, but can substitute the Hello Honey washi tape from the Bohemian Designer Washi Tape group if you don't have any other ribbon you like.

  The gold thread is new in the Holiday Catalog--it is called Cording Trim, and is much thicker than the metallic thread in the annual catalog.  It's very nice, and comes in gold and silver.








 



I used a some gold sequins I had in my stash, and noticed that the tiny centers were in the bag, so I sprinkled a few of those on the card as well, using my "how to glue tiny objects" technique shown in this video (go to 6:25 for the technique.)


The acorn is popped up on dimensionals over the Cajun Craze/Very Vanilla rectangle, and that in turn is popped up as well.  The thread is stuck down with two or three glue dots and wound around in random loops.  The dimensionals also help hold the thread in place. 

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment