Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Friends in the Garden

Have you seen the English Garden designer series paper yet?  It's so pretty, and the color combinations are super.  I can easily see cards for spring, summer, or fall from the various sheets.

This week's Mojo Monday sketch calls for tall & skinny, and it just so happens that I found a stack of extra-long greeting cards envelopes in a drawer.  They measure 4-1/4" x 7-1/4", so I made my card just 1/8" shy of that in each direction.

Here is this week's sketch, and here is my take on it: 

Did I mention how pretty the English Garden DSP is?



The stamp set is called Friendly Wishes, and the butterfly is from what is probably the most "go-to" set I own, Papillon Potpourri.  It's so great when you want to add a little accent...












You could do this card with more or less layering.  I like the Blushing Bride layers under the Whisper White areas; this card would also work with Not Quite Navy as a card base and layers, or double layers with both colors.  You could also choose to pull out the Hello Honey and Mint Macaron, or  substitute with Bermuda Bay; or go with Honey and Old Olive for a more autumny feel.  So many great possibilities.




Supplies List: 

2 comments: